SmartCARE - Satellite enhanced Multi-channel e-health Assistance for Remote Tele-rehabilitation and CAREgiving
ESA ARTES 3/4 Full Proposal, ITT REF: AO/1-5891/08/NL/US, Satcom Application
SmartCARE is an ICT platform of advanced e-health services where physicians and patients meet and manage daily activities, within a therapeutic process, in a collaborative way enabling an optimization of healthcare rehabilitation at home. SmartCARE enables services (IHC - Integrated Home Care) assuring a constant verification of the therapeutic process without requiring the presence on-site of the medical staff.
SmartCARE realizes a collaborative health care platform as a specialization of a more general and wide advanced workflow collaboration platform. It is a virtual space where caregiver professionals and patients are present to meet and manage daily activities, planned and unplanned, within a therapeutic process, in a collaborative way enabling an optimization of the Home Care. SmartCARE enables to the healthcare facilities, public and private, to provide the service of rehabilitation, (eg. Neuro-motor rehabilitation), at home (IHC - Integrated Home Care) assuring a constant verification of the therapeutic process and without requiring the presence on-site of the medical staff, unless absolutely necessary. The access to SmartCARE is by home using satellite and terrestrial telecommunication networks by means fixed or mobile devices.
- establish a point of contact with healthcare professional reference to manage multiple patients;
- schedules the therapy in each detail;
- provides updated information on the progress of by means of remote live-check;
- monitors the activities envisaged by the therapy;
- alerts patient, healthcare facility and caregiver, if the prediction of improvement are disregarded;
- measures vital signs using wireless and wearable sensors;
- updates clinical records.